Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I voted. Have you?


Early voting rocks!

Thanks to the well-thought-out planning of the government (I can't believe I just said that!), there are a lot of early voting stations with convenient hours for voters this year. And according to the latest report, the election this year may have a record turnout because people are allowed to vote early, during a long range of days and hours.


I did have to wait in line for about an hour but it felt great when I stepped out the voting booth. Plus, my 5 year-old boy was so excited about getting the sticker that said, "I voted!"


One third of the voters are expected to take advantage of Early Voting, and I assume that means one third of the final total count, including people who otherwise would not have bothered and been able to vote on Election Day. A dear friend of mine put up a poster on her front yard to remind people to vote, now or on November 4. I think it is a great idea, esp. considering that Halloween is just around the corner, and people in your neighborhood are going to be walking by your house with their kids.


Make a poster and urge your neighbors to vote!


But before you do that, go vote early yourself!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home